What’s the prevailing business management strategy of the day (i.e. governance, decision-making, planning, change management, leadership, visioning, etc.), not just for Higher Education or IT?
It should be, “Why IT projects get started.”
CIO Insight just published the top five reasons why IT projects are killed. According to the a survey of 167 IT executives, conducted by The Information Systems Audit and Control Association, the reasons were:
- The Businesses needs changed (30%)
- The project does not deliver what was promised (23%)
- The project is no longer a priority (14%)
- The budget was exceeded (13%)
- Does not support the business strategy (7%)